Thursday, February 12, 2009

Confused...

Hello!!
Well this being my first blog "excuse me" if I disappoint you (trust me, this would hold good even for my later blogs).

Just to brief about myself.... I was brought up in Lucknow, graduated in Allahabad and now working in Bangalore. I was never good at writing, neither my hand writing nor was I good in expressing my thoughts. Just an average student, somehow managed to be in the better half of the class. All my life I have been following the masses (however I have lots of my own...I am quite heavy). During my schooling "Boards exam" were the biggest thing. After lot of hard work, I somehow managed to get a decent percentage in 10th, but then suddenly came the realization of something bigger and better (I use 'better' because I could see large number of people running after it) the "IIT's". This realization might have been fruitful for those who cracked IIT, but people like 'me' landed up screwing up their 12th results and well IIT just remained a dream.

Life was good in school but the actual fun started in graduation. I had somehow managed to crack AIEEE and got into a NIT. The first three years were pure fun; late night cricket, table tennis, lawn tennis, Dance, tug-of-wars, kabbadi and last but not the least KAAFFI ZYADA community, using "Kaafi Zyada" before starting and ending a sentence. I remember a 'friend' once using the below sentence....

"Kaaffi zyada kum coldrink nahi pe rahe ho?" (I still dont know what it means)

It was for the first time when I took a step contrasting to my nature (of following the masses), I founded "ANTI KAAFFI ZYADA" group , but lack of supporters forced me back into the Kaaffi Zyada group.

Then came the Final year, it was the time when I had to decide which career to choose. Being a mechanical engineering student (Ya I know, people knowing me would like to correct me) to be precise I was a Production Engineering student, i had to choose between Core Companies and Software companies. Most of my peers were running behind the core jobs but this time again I somehow managed to take a contrasting step and landed up in a software Industry.

Looking back I feel, following my heart was much more rewarding than following the masses. I can say this because I am enjoying my current life style. But once again I see myself standing at a two way junction, where on one side are masses running after MBA's and MS and on the other are people like me, who are "CONFUSED".

11 comments:

  1. not a bad effort first up ... aise hi likhta rah :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jain saheb.....KAAFI JYADA haan.... :D.......... bahut badhiya likhat rahi ............... bahut badhiya.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaaaafi ..haan ;)
    btw two-way juncture??..dun luk too far 4 ppl who r neither confused nor running after MBA's :P
    keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good effort jain saheb..... aap bhi blogging mein aa gaye.... lagta hai ab sirf main aur moti hi bache hain :P waise moti mujhse pehle aa jayega shayad blogging me.
    waise nice effort.... likhte raho... naam kamo ... phoolo phalo.... aish karo :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you have stolen my thunder........even i don't get so many comments (after being in the blogsphere for quite a while now), and this is your first blog.

    Way to go, keep it up. Do let me know when you see Pigs flying ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kaafi zyaadaaaaa..hain..hum soch rahe hain hum bhi apne bog ka naam jain sahiba rakh dein..kya kehte ho ;)
    nice effort...chao ab 1 aur insaan ka blog follow karne milega :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice!! Phod diya....waise masses is not running after MBA...rather masses is the one CONFUSED ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks a lot everyone..I really appreciate your comments. Thanks again for all the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog ..u have put everything very simply which makes it interesting to read :) Jain Saheb :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shalabh, it was good to read abt u.. i think we are very similar and our profiles match a lot.. u wanna make fraaaaandship with me? we will surely become kaaafi zyada baaasht fraaaands soon :-p

    ReplyDelete